Friday, August 20, 2010

Another month has gone by...

So I know it has been a while since I updated the blog, but I didn't realize until tonight that it has been a month! Where does the time go?

In the past month we went to the butterfly house, which Olivia loved, she got to touch a few of them and liked watching them flutter around her. Olivia turned 19 months and will be 20 months next week, she is starting to say a lot more words, and her favorite phrase is "whas that". This is a phrase we hear no less than 100 times a day!

We had my family over for dinner last weekend and Jeff made beer can chicken, it was delicious! Olivia, Addi and Chloe has a ball running around the house and I think by the time they left all three were exhausted. Olivia had a yummy fudge pop for dinner and ate almost every last bite, with the exception of what ended up on her clothes (note... fudge pop chocolate does not come out of clothes)! 

Olivia is getting taller and it seems overnight she is not able to reach into the top drawers in the kitchen. She got out a bag of ribbon I keep in one drawer the other day and had fun unraveling the ribbon all over the house. She can also now get the bag of hair bands out and likes to scatter them about the house :-)

She is now trying to put on her own shirts, she almost got her shirt on the other day, but it turned a bit and she got stuck. She also wants to try to put on her own diaper, this is much trickier so I have shown her how to put it on her doll. This has satisfied her...at least for now.

Tonight I got out the window crayons and out little artist covered the window, her self and part of the floor, thank goodness it was bath night! She had blue everywhere and in retrospect this will always be a bath night event until she is a little older :-)

Sunday we have friends coming in from out of town with their two children, should be a fun afternoon and good to have some kids for Olivia to play with. Hopefully in the fall we can get her in a story time or tumbling programs so she can have more social time with kids.

Enjoy the pictures! Hopefully I'll get in the swing of things and post more often again.



















3 comments:

Jessie said...

WOW her hair has grown a ton since we saw her last! Awesome! You can totally get away with a free library time at this age and would wait on the tumbling until she is a little older.

Julie said...

Where did you get the crayons? Those look like a lot of fun.

Definitely do the library time. I started Bennett around 20 months and he loves going. Good for the social interaction and also learning to sit for a short time.

Love the new pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how much Olivia has changed since I saw her in June. She is now a toddler. Your baby is no more! Such a pretty little girl. Aunt Helen